Information Systems’ Impacts Certificate Course
Gain the skills employees and students need through 8 hours of self-paced online learning
This certificate course will prepare you to demonstrate the value that information systems and technology bring to organizations and customers. In today’s digital age, you can lead companies forward by integrating information systems with business processes, operations and management.
The course focuses on the information technology that pulls together the disconnected, but interdependent systems and resources in an organization. You’ll examine the impact of the hardware, software, and networks that define the modern enterprise. Technology empowers employees to be more productive, accelerates the pace of business, enables businesses to operate efficiently, and promotes innovation across boundaries. And yet, at the same time, technology can create business and management challenges that must be considered and addressed.
You’ll also begin to understand the Information Systems Department. No longer a behind-the-scenes activity, the information systems function enables digital enterprise business models, defining new ways of doing business.
- Examine the revolution in business technology and its role in defining the modern enterprise.
- Differentiate the various forms of modern networks and their business impact.
- Evaluate options for acquiring and building software applications.
- Investigate the components of the information systems function and its effect on the business.
- Analyze the ethical, privacy, security, and legal impacts of information systems.
Take this individual certificate course or take this course as part of the Digital Business and Technology Certificate series of courses.