Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Applied Cybersecurity Essentials (ACE) Bootcamp
1. What differentiates this bootcamp from other certificate courses?
- Assessment-based: Participants begin the bootcamp with a readiness assessment and their progress is evaluated with each module. The assessments provide participants with a skills- and knowledge-based report that demonstrates to current or prospective employers strengths and weaknesses across a range of competencies.
- Personalized Curricula and Self-paced: The assessments allow for a personalized course of study so that participants are not required to re-learn what they already know. The content is online and asynchronous so that motivated students can accelerate learning.
- Optional Face-to-Face Faculty interaction: There are dedicated hours for both digital and live interaction (depending on your location) with the faculty for tutoring, advanced discussions, and other questions.
- Available for Employer Review: Awarded certificates of completion and competency are available to employers and likely will qualify for tuition reimbursement programs.
2. Can I refer my employer to a site for confirmation of enrollment and progress?
Yes, employer engagement will continue to be an important factor in your decision to enroll in the bootcamp.
3. How long will it take to complete the 10 module bootcamp?
The bootcamp is designed to be completed in 10 weeks, which is the normal experience. However, learners can accelerate their progress based on their prior work experience, academic and training courses, knowledge and skills, and readiness for the bootcamp. We invite you to discuss pacing with faculty.
We also understand that unforeseen circumstances may cause a delay in your progress, which we can accommodate. We will grant up to 20-week course-extension to complete the bootcamp.
4.What is the maximum and minimum time to complete each module?
The course is self-paced. However, please keep in mind that the course is designed for 10 weeks and offers opportunities for interaction with faculty, which we think might enhance your learning experience.
5. Can I defer and complete the bootcamp in a longer timeframe if I have completed one or more modules?
Yes, please communicate your needs so we can assist you and develop a personalized plan to accommodate your circumstance.
6. Is it possible to complete the bootcamp within a shorter time horizon?
Absolutely, the bootcamp is self-paced.
7. Is there technical support available 24/7?
Should there be technical difficulty with the teaching platform, we will notify you immediately.
8. Is there dedicated support from faculty who understand the complexities and unique needs that may arise?
Yes, faculty support is available both in person (depending on your location) and digitally.
9. Is there a chat room for interaction that is shared by faculty and other students?
Yes, we are pleased to offer that feature on our platform.
10. How often do I have to log into each module?
Your curriculum will be customized based on your readiness to engage with the bootcamp. Like a typical course, learners will need to engage with the material on an ongoing basis. The more time a student puts into the course, the sooner they will finish.
11. How do you measure my progress and can I share access to it?
Your progress is measured through assessment and completion of various knowledge- and performance-based assignments, which can be shared with employers and other interested parties. This is a major benefit of our bootcamp format.
12. What books are required for the bootcamp and are they included in the fee?
All the study materials are available in the learning platform. There is no other required material.
13. Do you assist with employment placement introductions?
No, not at this time. However, the performance-based certifications we provide will distinguish you in the career marketplace as having demonstrated mastery of various Information Security concepts, tactics, techniques, and procedures. In addition, we have relationships with various prospective employers and would be glad to help successful students initiate contact.
14. What certifications does the bootcamp offer?
Within the price structure of the bootcamp, you will receive a performance-based certification report from the National CyberWatch, Inc., and a voucher to sit for the CompTIA Security+ exam.
15. What is the faculty experience?
Casey O’Brien has more than 20 years of industry experience in information security and large-scale IT implementation and project management in challenging and cutting edge computing environments that include both the public and private sectors. Casey is also the Technical Editor of five textbooks: Ethical Hacking & Systems Defense, Linux Server Fundamentals, Information Security Fundamentals, Introduction to Scripting, and Networking Fundamentals.
16. What is the cost of the bootcamp?
The fee for the bootcamp and the CompTIA Security+ voucher is $7,500. Price reductions may include:
- Tuition assistance scholarships in varying amounts for active military and veterans, women and minorities, high-achieving secondary students, and others.
- Discounts are available for prepayment, recruiting, and multiple student enrollment of $350.
17. Are there any other fees that I can expect?
There are no other fees for the bootcamp. The price is all inclusive.
18. Can I drop the bootcamp after I start without incurring penalties?
Depending on how far you are into the bookcamp content, refunds range from $700 to $1400. There can be no refund after the third week.
19. Does the bootcamp represent any transferable credit to a degree program?
No, not at this time. However, we remind you about the value of the dual certifications (CompTIA and National CyberWatch, Inc.) that will set you apart in the career marketplace.
20. Will I need to set aside a time to be interviewed as a final qualification step?
Your qualifications will be evaluated through the submitted registration forms and the readiness assessment. In the unlikely event that the faculty have additional questions, you will be contacted directly.
21. What financing options are available?
We do not provide financing for the bootcamp. However, we encourage you to consult with your employer for possible reimbursement or tuition assistance programs. Employers can typically contribute up to $5,250 per year.
22. What are the admissions steps?
- First submit an Application Form that is available online on the bootcamp webpage.
- You will be contacted within 24 -72 hours after your Application Form has been reviewed.
- Once your application has been approved, just complete the registration form including your choice of payment, which can be made online. The acceptance notification will outline everything that you need to know.
- Your counselor will be available every step of the way to advise and support your registration.
23. If I do not qualify for the bootcamp today, what steps can I take for the future?
We also offer a more comprehensive bootcamp with prerequisite courses for those who need additional preparation before starting the ACE Bootcamp. You will be informed of those opportunities by your program counselor.
24. Do you offer the prep-courses for me to apply and be accepted?
Yes. Please discuss with your counselor.
25. Are non-English speaking participants required to provide and English language proficiency test such as TOEFL?
Yes. However, depending on the language of your college degree program, there may be exceptions.
26. If I refer other students can I benefit from additional discounts?
We welcome and encourage referrals. You will receive up to a $350 refund of your tuition for each referral that enrolls in the bootcamp and stays beyond the date that tuition becomes non-refundable.