The Cybersecurity Landscape
According to a recent Cybersecurity Ventures, “there will be 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity positions by 2021.” Cybersecurity hiring is growing due to a dramatic rise in cyber crime, new government regulation, and privacy concerns.
The U.S. Department of Education believes that cybersecurity careers should not require a university degree and cybersecurity career aspirants might be best prepared by certificate programs or vocational training.
“In trying to stay ahead of rapidly growing digital threats, cybersecurity is essentially the tip of the computer science spear. It’s an environment that is at once ever-changing and mission-critical—defined by agile, continuous learning around the latest malware and cyber defenses. This constantly changing nature of cyber threats and mitigation strategies is simply too mercurial for many established four-year degree programs to keep up with. Curricula would have to be constantly updated, something made more difficult by the fact that full-time professors may not have the time, or clearances, to stay privy to the absolute latest trends and best practices.
Is this program right for you?
The ACE BootCamp is a skills- and knowledge-based learning experience. Achieving the full potential of the bootcamp learning experience will require dedicated effort. A few examples of individuals that would benefit from the bootcamp include:
- Professionals such as web developers, network administrators, and help desk technicians, who want to become involved in cybersecurity for career growth.
- Executives tasked with managing the growing cyber risk that threaten their organizations.
- Individuals seeking a lateral move to cybersecurity from another technical field where their existing skills no longer provide upward mobility or challenge.
- STEM students preparing for a career in technology that seek a competitive advantage in the career marketplace.
- Company executives that recognize the need to acquire or train a cybersecurity workforce to mitigate their company’s exposure to cyber crime.
Individuals without technical background that are interested in pursuing a career change to cybersecurity will likely first need to acquire knowledge and skill that will allow them to engage with the bootcamp curricula. We have such pre-course work available and invite discussion with our counselor to create an individualized path.
The ACE Bootcamp:
- Prepares individuals to meet the ever increasing cybersecurity challenges that confront virtually every industry in all economic sectors. ACE Bootcamp graduates will be tested and certified as having the technical knowledge and skills needed to protect and defend computer systems and networks.
- Develops cybersecurity professionals and provides them with a significant advantage in the career marketplace with performance-based certifications. Useful, understandable, and actionable information can be given to employers and prospective employers by successful bootcamp participants about their ability to contribute immediately to resolving cyber threats.
Information Security, Information Security Trends, Career Exploration, and Professional Certifications
- Current and evolving threat landscape
- Fundamental security concepts (e.g., Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability)
Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Social Engineering (SE)
- Malicious Software (Malware)
- Denial of Service (DoS)/ Distributed DoS
- Software exploitation
Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC):
- Risk assessment/analysis
- Business Continuity Planning
- Legal (e.g., Criminal/Civil/Admin law)
Identity and Access Management
- Secure facility planning
- Physical security access controls
- Disaster Recovery (DR) planning/implementation
- Secure network design
- Secure application development
Fundamentals of Cryptography
- Classic cryptographic techniques
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Key Management
- Digital Certificates
- Certificate Authorities (CAs)
- Categories of computer crime
- Incident Mgmt/Response
Personalized Course Content
The ACE Bootcamp begins with a readiness assessment that will indicate your preparation to engage with the curricula. This allows us to personalize the bootcamp experience and helps keep focus on the material you need to master without wasting time on your core-competencies.
ACE BootCamp is structured for students with an IT background. Preparatory courses are available. Feel free to discuss your options to more fully prepare for the bootcamp with a Program Counselor.
The ACE Bootcamp was created as a response to the increasing cybersecurity threat confronting individuals, institutions, and enterprise.
CASEY W. O’BRIEN
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR NATIONAL CYBERWATCH, INC.
Casey has more than 20 years of industry experience in information security and large-scale IT implementation and project management in challenging and cutting edge computing environments that include both the public and private sectors.
As a scholarly practitioner, Casey continues to develop curriculum and teach numerous cybersecurity-related courses. Casey’s research interests include cybersecurity competition design and practice analysis; scalable and cost-effective information security laboratories; and agile and accelerated information security curriculum development. Casey also teaches internationally and is a frequent invited speaker at various conferences.
Allegro Learning Solutions
Allegro BootCamps’ Mission is to re-invent educational and training models to be responsive to the fast paced technology market. We create learning experiences that link directly to technology career pathways. Our model is based on performance-based certifications that provide employers with actionable evidence of your competency.
National Cyberwatch is a consortium of higher education institutions, businesses, and government agencies focused on collaborative efforts to advance Information Security education and strengthen the national cybersecurity workforce. It continues to update and create model Information Security curricula, which supports the growth of cybersecurity education.