online course series
e-Business and the Modern Enterprise Certificate Course
Gain the skills employees and students need through 8 hours of self-paced online learning
This certificate course will prepare you to demonstrate the value that information systems and technology bring to organizations and customers. By integrating information systems with business strategy you can lead companies forward in the digital age.
The course focuses on how business strategy and enterprise applications can transform the traditional organization into a global digital enterprise. You’ll identify the characteristics of the digital enterprise and how a cohesive information systems and digital business strategy creates a competitive advantage. Business process analysis is a tool for identifying opportunities where information systems can improve business strategy and operations, resulting in increased profitability.
You’ll also explore the impact of information systems on government and healthcare. Public institutions have become information technology innovators in order to reduce costs, reduce waste, and improve customer service.
- Evaluate the application of models, strategy, and technology that have transformed the traditional organization.
- Investigate how business methods have been impacted by technology and the new opportunities that result.
- Consider the opportunities and challenges of a global business environment.
- Explore how public institutions are transforming their operations with technology.
- Assess the models and methods of the next generation of digital enterprises.
- Examine the ethical, security, and legal impacts of e-business and technology’s role in addressing challenges.
Take this individual certificate course or take this course as part of the Digital Business and Technology Certificate series of courses.
The e-Business and the Modern Enterprise course is designed in partnership with Harrisburg University of Science & Technology, by a team of subject matter experts with years of experience working on the cutting edge of business technology.